Saturday, May 14, 2011

May Challenge

Here is the scoop..  I am very late in posting and I apologize about this.  I was on vacation at the beginning of the month.  My son graduated from the Marine Corp Basic Training at Parris Island, SC Friday May 6.  I had a lot of work to get caught up on this week plus make my son a mini album to take with him to his combat training.  He leaves Monday.  I have been trying to spend some time with him because it could be a year before a see him again.

The above picture is me, my son Aaron and my bf Brian.

Anyhow..  here is the challenge for April...   lets honor of military and vets...  create a card or LO involving Memorial Day or some kind of military theme..  The winner will be chosen by random.org. 

I will be giving away a pack of my custom designed digital paper packs that you can use in digital scrapbooking or even print on your printer to use in your paper crafting projects.  The papers are high res images that are 8.5 x 11.  This is my swiss dot collection.


Now here are some examples from my design team for some inspiration.

Brandi



Janetlynn


Judy-Ann



Meg

The challenge will end at 11:59 PM on Memorial Day.  You can enter your link to your entry below.









6 comments:

chillin with Quillin said...

What a gorgeous card, and a very special one at that!!!!!!
Paula

Cathie in UT said...

Congrats to your son for his completing his first step and hope he enjoys his time in NC my home state.
I will try to do a card for my Son in Law as he will be graduation from his training at Ft Sam in San Antonio in Aug!
Pass on our thanks for his service

bcriminger said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone makes with this challenge, I will be around to blogs to comment once you all link up :)

Anita said...

Thank you for this challenge.And thanks to your son for serving our country.
Hugs, Anita
amc35045@bellsouth.net

Angie said...

Great challenge I had already created this LO so I don't want to be a part of the giveaway! Congrats to your son! Marines are special people! Semper Fi!

Jessica Buffa said...

So fun to be able to pay tribute to such well deserving individuals!
God Bless America!
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!