Thursday, February 19, 2015

Cricut Design Space 2.0 File Share and Projects For Yesterday

Good morning on this frigid morning.  It is about 2 degrees F out this morning with a wind chill of -10.  The kids school closed today because of the cold temps and I got to call off today.  No one was able to stay with the boys today.  You know what that means?  I am going to be crafting some more today.

Yesterday I had a vacation day at my main job because I had some real estate business to do.  I have a closing on Monday and had to fax stuff to the closing company.  Someday, being a Realtor will be my main job :)

Anyhow, just wondering what you all thought on the new Design Space.  I created a couple things yesterday.  I made a little notebook using my bind it all and I cut my first piece of chipboard on my Cricut Explore.  It cut great.  I set my dial to custom and there are a couple chipboard settings, one for light weight and one for heavier chipboard.  I cut the key out.  Then I used copper metallic craft paint to paint it.  The notebook measures 4 x 5 inches.  I made chipboard covers and covered the front with a vintage advertising designer paper.



My second project yesterday is a round shaped card.  In Design Space, I welded 2 circles together.  Then I chose the top layer cut from the image library.  It is a scalloped circle with trees, a baby deer and a squirrel attached to the circle frame.  Next, I did a Melody Lane thing and got out my Pebbles cream chalks and colored some of the die cut image to add interest and depth.  The cream chalks are much richer in color.  On my wish list are some of the Pebbles classic chalks.


I am going to share my file for the above card. I do have a score line attached to the base card.  If you don't have the scoring tool, just go through the motions and let the machine do its thing.  You can score it on a score board later.  Let me say also, subscribe to the image library.  It is soooooooo worth it.  Click Here for the Design Space File.  You need to be logged into Design Space so that you can save it.  Or you can copy and paste the following into your browser window

https://us.cricut.com/design/#/canvas/25127811

Lastly,  leave a comment below telling us what your favorite new feature in Design Space 2.0 is.

No comments: