Sunday, April 3, 2016

Vintage Style Gift Tags and MISTI Stamping Tool

Good evening folks....  hope everyone had a good weekend.  Mother Nature has lost her mind.  It was 70 degrees on Christmas Day and snow last night and it is April.  Go figure.  But I didn't let that spoil my weekend.  I got a package yesterday.....  I received the MISTI stamping tool....  The Most Incredible Stamping Tool Invented.  This gadget is AWESOME!!!!   I love it.

I have struggled with getting my sentiments straight, incomplete stamping and hard to do mass producing. This new toy of mine corrects all of that and makes layering stamped images a snap.


I will probably do a video using this neat thing.  Well, actually, most of my future card making videos I will probably be using it.

I made some gift tags last night but did not record it.  I wanted to get a feel for the tool before going on film with it.


These are the tags I made last night.  I spent hours watching YouTube videos of reviews and other stampers using it.

What I did with these cuties are first I die cut the tags using my Big Shot and Tim Holtz Tiny Tabs and Tags Big Z die.  Then I took Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Walnut Stain, with the blending tool and colored the tags.  They started out a pale yellow color.

Then came time to use my MISTI.  I used Blossoming Expressions Stamp Set.  It is a layered stamp set that has 3 kinds of flowers and a set of leaves.  These stamps you layer them.  Each flower and leaf has a background layer and a top layer to add more detail.  This is where the Misti came in handy.  I used the same color for both layers.  But the bottom layer was a second generation stamping so that it would be lighter than the top layer.  Did the same for the leaves.

The sentiment came from our I Do stamp set.  This set is geared towards weddings but the Celebrating sentiment can be used for so many other occasions.

The inks used were Sorbet, Pomegranate, and black archival ink.

No comments: